Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mother's Day Buffet @ Carousel

DS treated all of us to a buffet dinner at Royal Plaza on the Scotts for Mothers' Day.

I have read some good reviews on this place, so I was looking forward to it.

It was a very good spread - sashimi counter, chilled seafood counter, dips and salads counter, 2 hot food counters (local and international), soups, cooking stations - pasta, meats (lamb and beef) and noodle station.

I can't remember eating the above - so I dont know what it is. Looks like some kind of oyster shooter though. Maybe this wasn't from the buffet but a remnant photo from Tasmania?

The selection of chilled seafood was very good - included 2 types of crabs (flower crabs and normal crabs), prawns, yabbies, mussels, oysters, scallops etc. I only liked the above though - prawns, sweet clams (nice chewy texture), and scallops.

My grilled meats - beef prime rib and lamb chops.
And prawn noodle soup.

Our Happy Faces after a yummy meal!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Great blog; happy I found you!very informative and great photography!