Thursday, September 13, 2007

Central @ Vivocity

Central (where people meet) (B2, Vivocity) has a few branches around Singapore, which I have seen but have never eaten at.

So, as PL and I were trying to decide where to eat, we decided to try this place out.
It is a little more expensive that other places - average mains of about SGD8, with their desserts an exorbitant SGD4 or SGD4.50. They also don't serve water. Uggh. Pet peeve of mine.

My braised beef noodles (SGD7.50) arrived in an interesting bowl - made out of 2 bowls joined in the centre. It was a good conversation piece, but it was a bit irritating because it made eating my noodles more difficult.




The noodles were not as springy as Hong Kong noodles should be. A little too fat and a little too soft. The beef was tender but I think they should have used more sinewy tendony cuts. This was alright but not fabulous. Oh, and they didn't have the right type of chili (Hong Kong style chili with the chili oil).


We also shared a plate of fried pig intestines (SGD6.80). PL gave this a thumbs up, as it was not oily, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I quite liked it too. But it had a strong porky smell to it, but I am not sure if it was just me since I seldom eat much pork these days and so the odour may have affected me more.

No comments: