Monday, January 08, 2007

Honjin @ Robinson Road


Came to town to have lunch with lovely DS, and also to run an errand.


I've heard that this place serves a pretty good a la carte buffet, and therefore suggested this place for lunch.


They have an extensive range of bento / lunch sets, ranging from SGD 15 to SGD32. I chose the namesake Honjin set (SGD28) and we shared a tori karaage (fried chicken, SGD 8).


My set was very comprehensive, containing almost everything that the restaurant serves, and I verily believe it can easily be shared by 2 persons. Fortunately, as my appetite rivals that of a hungry horse, I inhaled my lunch set with little difficulty.


Clockwise from left, there was agemono (fried course) of one prawn and one chicken and potato salad, then the grilled mackerel (saba), then the generous tempura portion of prawn, sweet potato, eggplant and a green thing, and sashimi of salmon and maguro.
I liked the exquisite lunch, but I enjoyed the company even more!


No comments: