Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Pietra Santa @ Wessex Village

So we had a team dinner at this place

It looks much better now, sort of more cosy, and less flustered and haphazard. The last time I was here, they had just opened and they didnt seem able to cope with the flux of lunchtime visitors. The service was waay too slow, and PL and PC my lunch kakis were slightly miffed. Food was not bad though.

Now, things have improved tremendously, or it could be because I was there with a VIP. Mr SL appears to be a frequent customer judging from the enthusiasm with which he was greeted by the service staff.

We were served in their private dining room. And it was great because it was also a private kitchen.


So first we started out with Buffalo mozzarella with Italian tomato, 36 month aged Parma ham and basil sauce. This starter was excellent. Because I love fresh mozzarella. It's creamy with a thin chewy cheese skin, and the milk oozes out as you cut it. I recently had an even better buratta at a nice restaurant, and will save that for another gushing post.


This is Roasted capsicum rolled with Italian marinated cod fish mousse served with crostinos - tiny pieces of toast. interesting, but not too impressive.



Then we had Ravioli filled with lobster with fresh tomato and lemon zest. This ravioli was great, smooth, silky and tasty.


I chose a main of Roasted lamb rack with rosemary, bread crumbs and olives crust. It was a little overdone for my taste, but it was otherwise delicious. The other choices were Slow braised beef cheek with Brunello di Montalcino sauce and Baked Sole fish with white wine sauce, taggiasche olives and diced tomato. Which would you have picked?


For dessert we had Chocolate cake. It was rich and dense and I couldnt finish it. But I never had a very sweet tooth anyway. I think it suited the non-local palatte though, because everyone who was non-local finished the entire thing.


But you know, the funny thing about kids, is that they seem to like party food more than anything else. Look, Cutie and Sweetie wolfing down their lunch at a party at his school.



Cutie is growing up to be a smart, tech-savvy, loving boy.


Look, he looks especially handsome here, doesnt he?


Here's to scaling greater heights together with my boy.



Sweetie is aptly named. As she is the darling of anyone she meets.


she has her chili padi side too, however. Here she is not too pleased about taking her 29th photo in that cute little cheongsam.


But sometimes she does try to humour me...


And she sometimes does like the posing bit..


My 2 dearies, my pride and joy.

Hope you dont mind me gushing... about my raison d'etre.

3 comments:

red fir said...

Sweetie & Cutie never fail to put a smile on my face. (:

Chocolate Reindeer said...

thanks Ice!

Carla said...

This looks absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing!