Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Roti Prata @ Seah Imm

My typical breakfast is either muesli with milk from the office pantry or fried beehoon from the vegetarian hawker stall at Seah Imm Hawker Centre.

Today I ventured out of the ordinary by having roti prata (2 kosong ie no egg) and a teh Tarik.

The prata was crispy and fluffy and hot (80 cents each) and I gobbled them down very quickly indeed. I miss eating prata. I used to eat prata from the coffee shop opposite my JC for breakfast, and boy they were good. Those were the good days. I miss those carefree times! Sigh. and since I have long since left those happy times behind... I guess the closest thing is to eat prata for breakfast once in a while, and remininsce over those good ol' days.

The teh tarik was smooth and fragrant and not too sweet. I think it costs maybe $1.20.

Wow cheap and good.

3 comments:

joone! said...

Hey, we should meet for lunch! There is this fabulous thai beef noodles soup at Seah Imm that I love!

D said...

The good ol' JC days? haha sounds so sad! Then again, I haven't found a good prata in manhanttan so far... and I don't think I'll ever get a meal for 1.20sgd...sigh.. the good ol' days...

Chocolate Reindeer said...

joone: haha, yes thaksin beef noodles! I also like the lor mee at seah imm...

D: hey hey... cheer up! lots of other things to try in manhattan... like, new york cheesecake.