Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Asian Kitchen @ Vivocity

Arrgh, I can't stop going to Vivocity. To be honest, I haven't even finished exploring this megamall yet.

Today we lunched at The Asian Kitchen (Vivocity, #B2-29, Tel: 6376 9623). I've eaten at its other branches - there is one at Republic Plaza, Raffles Place, and found it ordinary. Nevertheless, we decided to dine here as one person in our group craved soupy la mian.

We shared a pork and vegetable dumpling basket (SGD5 for 6 pieces). Too dry, and not juicy.

My Moonlight Hor Fun (SGD9.70) sounded very romantic. The "moonlight" description refers to a raw egg cracked into the middle of hor fun. Wary of the raw egg element, particularly since I already had a raw egg dish this week, I requested mine to be fully cooked, which resulted in a slightly drier hor fun. My friend's true moonlight version was slippery and smooth.

I think the chef was a little too generous with the MSG though. I still feel thirsty right now.


No comments: